A visit to Earthaven and to Village Terraces is required prior to rental, so the ideal situation is to see it for yourself. Viewing of the apartment is by appointment only. Please see next steps for details.
What Is Provided
- A private 2-3 bedroom apartment (720 sq. ft interior space) in a hand-built, timber-frame home.
- Covered deck space on the 3rd floor North Side.
- Common-walled building with separate entrance to this apartment.
- Kitchen & Bath are connected but separate.
- FURNISHING: The apartment is unfurnished. Plan to provide your own furnishings.
- COMMON KITCHEN: Access to a large, shared, common kitchen (700 square feet with industrial stove/oven and all the accessories).
- COMMON AREAS: Access to a shared common bathroom and common office and play space as well as commonly used workshop with shared tools & equipment.
- NEIGHBORHOOD Land: Access to land for gardening. Farming land available as well through a separate lease.
- FACILITIES: Neighborhood common off-grid utilities and systems include heat, electric, water, & waste systems. A separate utilities charge will be applied to support these regenerative systems – see below.
- FARM: A beautiful pasture-based 4-acre farm surrounds the neighborhood. It may be accessible for some use based on specific agreements to be determined after a trial period of living together.
- HOSTING:To be determined.
What You Provide
- LEASE: A 6-month to 1-year lease with security deposit and last month’s rent.
- RENTAL FEES: $650 per month, payable on the 1st of the month.
- UTILITY FEES: $50 per month fee for every adult.
- WORKDAY: One 3-hour Firewood Workday per month per adult for Village Terraces Neighborhood.
- FIRE BUILDING SHIFT: All of our heat and hot water comes from building fires in our central boiler system. You will be responsible for running the heat one day per week from October to April and taking a turn as needed from April to October.
- CLEANUP: Regular clean for the common kitchen at Village Terraces
- EARTHAVEN FEES: $30 per month plus a one-time administrative fee of $25, per adult. If you bring a car to Earthaven, you will be also be responsible for the Earthaven vehicle fee, which is $15 per month.
- EARTHAVEN COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS: 4 hours per week per adult resident.
- TELEPHONE & INTERNET: You are responsible for our own phone service (possible to share a joint phone account with others in the building). Internet is available on the land but it is slow. Cell phone service is not available at Earthaven.