Rental Details – Hummingbird Apartment
A visit to Earthaven and to Village Terraces is required prior to rental, so the ideal situation is to see it for yourself. Viewing of the apartment is by appointment only. Please see next steps for details.
What Is Provided
- A private apartment (864 sq. ft interior space) in a hand-built, timber-frame home.
- 6 rooms, 3 bedrooms.
- Covered deck space on the 2nd floor North side of 250 sq. ft., covered deck space on the third floor of 150 square feet, and uncovered south side deck space (with private clothesline).
- Common-walled building with separate entrance to this apartment.
- Full kitchen (though small) complete with sink, cabinets, oven/stove, and wooden dining bar with chairs.
- Toilet and Bathing areas are shared and located in the same building.
- Please see images here.
- FURNISHING: The apartment is semi-furnished. Plan to provide your own furnishings and if there are things there that you’d like to use, we can discuss.
- COMMON KITCHEN: Access to a large, shared, common kitchen (700 square feet with industrial stove/oven and all the accessories).
- COMMON AREAS: Access to a shared common bathroom and common office and den space as well as commonly used workshop with shared tools & equipment.
- NEIGHBORHOOD Land: Access to land for gardening. Farming land available as well through a separate lease.
- FACILITIES: Neighborhood common off-grid utilities and systems include heat, electric, water, & waste systems. A separate utilities charge will be applied to support these regenerative systems – see below.
- FARM: A beautiful pasture-based 4-acre farm surrounds the neighborhood. It is accessible for some use based on specific agreements to be discussed.
- HOSTING: Please plan to find a host at Earthaven. Choose from someone who is living on the land. Hosting allows you the opportunity to be an ecovillage resident and supporting member for the length of your exchange. This gives you access to most Earthaven meetings and events, all of Earthaven’s social events, and most of our 329 acres of land.
What You Provide
- LEASE: A 1-year lease with a $850 security deposit.
- RENTAL FEES: $850 per month, payable on the 1st of the month.
- UTILITY FEES: $50 per month fee for every adult.
- WORKDAY: One 3-hour Firewood Workday per month per adult for Village Terraces Neighborhood.
- FIRE BUILDING SHIFT: All of our heat and hot water comes from building fires in our central boiler system. You will be responsible for running the heat one day per week from October to April and taking a turn as needed from April to October.
- CLEANUP: Regular clean for the common kitchen at Village Terraces
- EARTHAVEN FEES: $30 per month plus a one-time administrative fee of $25, per adult. If you bring a car to Earthaven, you will be also be responsible for the Earthaven vehicle fee, which is $15 per month.
- EARTHAVEN COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS: Four hours per week per adult resident.
- TELEPHONE & INTERNET: You are responsible for our own phone service (possible to share a joint phone account with others in the building). Internet is available on the land. You’ll need to check with others about sharing or use the group internet at the Council Hall to residents. Cell phone service is not available at Earthaven.
- Contribution, cleanliness, ethics, relatedness, and a sense of community.